CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Giddy Love

We were giddy. I remember it. When someone would ask me about Ken or Ken about me, we would both grin and giggle. We were giddy, in love and LOVED to share it with anyone silly enough to inquire.

With time, that has calmed down a little. Not the love, but the newness and giddiness of it. I think it has been replaced with a calm security and contentment. We have accepted that this is for real and not going anywhere. I think we have both stopped waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. Well, since I was the only one waiting, I am the one who has stopped. We still get shmoopy and smile at each other a lot and I still feel like Yay Christmas every morning when I wake up and see him next to me.

The reason I am blathering on and on about this is that last night we were at a party and there was the sweetest gal there. She was giddy. She has been married all of 4 months and if you asked her anything about anything, she made sure to bring her husband in to the topic (he was not at the party due to work) and she was simply aglow with love when she did this. It was sweet and it reminded me of myself when Ken and I were first together.

The fact that she is all of 20 years old probably did not hurt matters, either. But I think that was part of the joy that Ken and I had -- while we were both older than Sara (the gal) when we fell in love, it was the first time either of us had been in that kind of relationship where we were feeling that intense about anyone. I'd say it is safe to say that we were true loves for each other, and that is exactly the giddy joy that Sara had. 1st true love intensity.

More power to her and to us and to any other couple who still gets weak knees with each other or still gets butterflies. No matter how long you have been together, I wish you that kind of giddy, unadulterated joy at least one in your life -- repeatedly if possible.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

This is so true. When I think about my hubby I still get all giggly and lovey-dovey, even after over four years of marriage. It is times like that when I know I will feel that way for the rest of our lives. Old and grey and holding hands in the nursing home still in love.

Jennifer B said...

I believe marriage is what you make of it. (we have talked about this before =) If you decide to make it your number one priority it will continue to be awesome. After almost 8 years Casey is still is the love of my life. Yeah for marriage,being loved and in love.