CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Now and Then

You did not know me when...
When I worked 14 hour days just to avoid going home to an empty house
I was sick and relied solely on myself for TLC and chicken soup
I had no pets because I was not around enough to take care of them
I was the consistent 3rd or 5th wheel when going out with friends
I worked 3 jobs to make ends meet, and still managed to stay in debt
I did not care enough about myself to require respect and care from the people I was with
You did not know me when...
I thought the only reason to wake up in the morning was because it was the thing to do.

Time passed,life happened, and I grew. With you by my side I am now the person I want to be. Not because of you, but with you.

With you, I am:
self respecting
deliberate in my actions
wiser
more self assured
giving of my self, not giving me away
part of a larger unit, a family, our family
content

As time continues to pass and we grow together and separately as individuals, I look forward to holding hands and walking under the stars reflecting on how far we have come. You, Ken Kraft, are my best friend, my heart and my love. I cannot believe it has been a year and that I am more in love with you today than the day we made it official. I wake up in the morning now eager to start my day, eager to see your smiling face and eager to say... YAY CHRISTMAS!

Happy one year anniversary my sweetheart. I can't wait for the next 50 or so to come.

2 comments:

Ken said...

I love you too sweetheart. Happy one year. YAY CHRISTMAS!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Happy happy Anniversary!! Here's to decades of love to come!