CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

He Wins

Ken wins the Most Wonderful Husband of the Year award!

As you know, we have both been diligently working on losing weight. I have Diabetes to thank for my impetus, and Ken has me to thank for his -- well, that and the scale. Anyway, we have both been very successful. Since July, I have dropped 45 pounds and since October, Ken has dropped about 15.

While these are great numbers and we are both very proud, that is not the purpose of this post. My purpose is to tell you how fabulous Ken is. He has been so supportive of me and my process; I could not be doing this without him.

In the meantime, we are heading to Pennsylvania in 3 weeks for his cousin's son's bar mitzvah. As a result, I needed to be able to pack appropriate clothes to wear for meeting all of Ken's Dad's side of the family as well as the only uncle on his mom's side that I have yet to meet. To say I am nervous is an understatement.

Well, when you lose the kind of weight we are losing, clothes start to not fit -- here is why Ken wins the award. He spent four and a half hours with me yesterday at the mall! Yes, he did. He helped pick out clothes for me to try on, and gave legitimate opinions. He did not complain or fuss and was just awesome. One more reason I know I married the right man for me. He rocks!

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Any man who can stand the mall for more than an hour should get an award.

Jennifer B said...

You guys are so awesome!! Big award for Ken for shopping that long. Casey would have slit his wrist.. really... You are both looking fabulous and are just wonderful people!! I had so much fun the other night. That is what a great friendship is... having fun just doing the simple stuff!