CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Our First...

While I have been remiss in posting about the rest of the wedding details, I feel like most everyone who was interested has been in touch with us and knows how it all went. If I missed you, please contact me and I will fill you in. For now I am moving forward with our first...

This was our first thanksgiving as a married couple and in our new home. I did most of the cooking, but Ken was such a fabulous teammate. He prepped the china, set the table and helped me make sure that everything was done. He then proceeded to do the dishes. All of them! before we went to sleep, all the china was neatly put away in the china cabinet. How cool is that!?!

We then bought our first car together. That was interesting. He played bad cop to my good cop -- then we pulled the ol' switecheroo and I started playing hardball at the very end. It was fun, and we worked very well at this unplanned little game. In the end, I got a beautiful 2007 Honda Pilot.

Then we bought our first fake Christmas tree together. I am all about the real deal, but this year, it just seemed easier to go the fake route. I miss the smell, but Ken put it all together and when it is said and done, we get that much more time together to admire the tree. And being together is what it is about, right?

We are heading into our first Hanukkah with the Kaltman crew. That will be fun. Ken has rarely had occasion to be with my entire family all at once. He has done it before and survived, but this time it will be around potato pancakes and presents. This could get precarious.

I suppose the most important thing to note in this post is that as we are moving into all of these firsts together, TOGETHER. We have solidified a united front and are developing our our traditions and ways of making things work. We are a team and a partnership. I can easily say that I have married my best friend and I am so happy to celebrate the season with him.

There is one first that makes me sad though -- and I would be remiss to not mention it... This will be my first everything without my Mom. I survived her birthday and Thanksgiving -- a lot of tears, but survived. I am now heading into the holidays and new years and my birthday and , and, and... This will be the first YEAR without my Mom. But I will be OK. Ken and I will weather it together and all will be well in the end.

This is the first blog posting about my new life as a Happily Married woman... not the journey to the alter, but the journey as it continues after the alter...

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

And think of how many more first there are to come...first Christmas, first New Year's, first baby! I know not having your mom here is hard, but I'm sure sharing these things with Ken makes it a little bit easier to bear.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I read your blog today! :)
Also, the order for those things (in case it's a surprise) is being put in today! :)