CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 05, 2006

At Last...

Pardon the delay in updating since the magical day. It has not been due to lack of anything other than focus. I just do not know where to start.

The wedding was amazing. I can honestly say that there are only 3 things I would have changed. 1. My Mom would have been there by my side. 2. Teri would have been with us and 3. I would have had more time to spend with our guests.

Other than that, it was a dream come true -- in every way.

I actually felt pretty as a princess. Anyone who knows me, knows that THAT is saying a lot. My bridesmaids were all wonderful, warm, supportive, and dare I say girlie! Yes, Loo, you looked like a girl, 100%! And the men looked so sharp in their tuxedos -- especially Ken. Oh he just looked so stately and handsome!

The room for the reception was breathtaking. I can say that, because it was not what I had ordered. Our florist, Naakiti floral, did an outstanding job! As a surprise, she changed out and upgraded 1/2 of our table centerpieces, and added a candlescape to our entry point. It was warm and lovely and I could not have asked for a prettier room in which to celebrate.

The wedding itself was simply wonderful. As I came around the corner and walked down the aisle, I just focused on Ken -- the whole way. I remember saying something to my Dad as we started down the walk, but then all I saw was Ken. He was like a beacon in the storm and all I wanted to do was get to him. Once I was there, the ceremony took off. I could not stop laughing, so I missed part of Ken's vows. I was trying to talk myself into stopping the giggles so that when it was my turn, I could do my thing. People said they thought I was crying, but no, I was just having a case of the nervous giggles.

OK, I have been sitting on this part of the post for like a week. It is the first in what will become mini-series, I think. So enjoy it for what it is....

I will say, though, that it sucks to have Ken gone to India in our first real week as marrieds. ugh!

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

It was such a wonderful day! And I was so happy to have finally met face to face and share in your happy day.

By the time I posted this you should have your husband back in your arms. :)