CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 20, 2006

It's HEEEERE!

No more countdowns, for the most part. Our wedding weekend has arrived and the onslaught has begun. Our first guests arrived last night and another large contingency will be here today an this evening. How exciting is that!?

It seems to me that at this point blogging serves to help make sure we remember the next few days. At first, time was creeping along, then all of a sudden BAM! It was here. I do not want to forget any of this.

Everyone has been so wonderful. My friends from work have gone way above and beyond, and my bridal party has been wonderful.


Ken and I are going strong, and I am having absolutely NO SECOND THOUGHTS! No cold feet, no question that we are doing the right thing.

The favors are put together, for the most part, and the welcome bags are ready for delivery. Tuxes are being picked up, dresses are being steamed. I would say everything that can be on track is on track.

My mom will not be there with us on Sunday, and now neither will Teri. How does one get married without her Mom or her best friend? I am taking it moment by moment. I am so sad beyond compare, but it is balanced with joy and love for Ken and all of our guests who will be sharing this day. And I I keep reminding myself that when it is all said and done, this is ONE day. While my mom will never be here again, Ken and I will have a lifetime to share special moments with Teri and her newly expanded family.

So, (raising an imaginary glass) here's to a new life and a lifetime of memories to come.

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

*Hear Hear!*

I know Teri will be thinking of you all day, wishing she was standing next to you on your special day. And your Mom will be smiling down on you, so happy and proud.

Take a step back and enjoy your weekend. It's finally here and you deserve to love every minute of it!

And I'll see you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I wish you and Ken the most wonderful day/weekend/life together!!! Congratulations!!! As I posted previously, I know your mom will be there, just watching from a different vantage point... Much love and happiness to you both...

Martin said...

Congrats go out to both of you as I know that you both deserve the happiness this day and your future will bring.