CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Let it Rain...

First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone who has been so encouraging over the past month or so. It has been rough, but we are making it through with what I think are flying colors. We figure that after this year, if we can make it through this, we are home relatively free.

I had my first bridal shower yesterday. What a lovely, lovely day it was. I was showered with more than gifts. I was showered with love and affection and kindness from some of the most wonderful women a gal could ask to count as friends.

Teri and Lora together threw me the most wonderful shower. There was yummy food from Olive Garden, and a fabulous Cost Co Cake (my FAVORITE!) and a punch that Teri made for me from what I could remember of my Mom's recipe. And people... lest we forget the people. There were more than 20 women at Teri's home, all from different parts of my life, and all there to celebrate the love that I have found with Ken. THANK YOU TERI and LORA FOR GIVING ME A DAY THAT I WILL REMEMBER ALWAYS!!!

As I was unpacking the gifts today, I was just in awe of what people shared of themselves. We got bakeware and cookware, and decorative items for our home; candles and dishes and clocks and, and, and... the list goes on.

One of my girlfriends even went as far as to buy the $300 toasting flutes that I had the audacity it register for at Macy's. I was awe-struck to see them in person, and touched beyond words that she would make sure that I had something so beautiful.

Other cool gifts included kick ass iPod portable speakers, a cast iron Dutch oven and even a piece of pretty lingerie. We even got a couple of handmade gifts and cards. I just could not believe it all.

We played games -- one based on Ken's and my letters to one another as we were getting know eachother on eHarmony. We pulled lines from letters and people had to guess who wrote which line. I tested Ken and even he got them wrong. We really are just so nicely compatible.

I missed my Mom being there, but I know she would have had a blast and she would have loved seeing how many people I am lucky enough to call friend. She would also have been amazed at the outpouring of love from Ken's family. Every one of them sent a gift to the shower and a sweet, thoughtful card. I just cannot fathom that this is going to be my family. How lucky am I!?

Anyway, we are 5 weeks from the big day as of today (that was for you, Teri) and coming down to crunch time. I still do not have shoes for the wedding, and still need to get the thank you gifts for the bridesmaids and, and, and...

I know it is just going to fly by, so in advance of that, I am telling you all how much I have enjoyed the journey to our wedding with you all.

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

I'm so glad you had a great day. It was really all Teri's work - I just helped her out.

I'm also happy you liked the IPod portable player... :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And what wonderful gifts you got.

Teri said...

Heheheh admit it, you like counting down :)

Glad you had an enjoyable day.

Lora, I cannot take the credit, you really helped me in so many ways!