CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sooner than later

We are down to a glorious 19 days away from becoming Mr. and Mrs. How cool, huh?

As we move forward, we are down to the nitty gritty details -- shoes, champagne, thank you notes, etc. The list goes on, a lot more than I would like. But we are getting there.

We have decided to not be too social for the duration, using our free time to get "stuff" done. Sounds good huh? Well, it would be, if we could do it. For some reason we are better at things in theory than in reality. But isn;t that the case with most people?

Ken has become my best friend and my family. I cannot recall much of my life before there was an US, other than to know that I was not nearly as contented as I am now. Well, outside of wedding prep. I am not worried about the marriage, rather, I am petrified about the wedding.

I think it goes back to my fear of having a lame party and no one showing up. Amanda wrote of it the other day and I wondered how she knew exactlly what I am afraid of! How sucky would it be if we threw this killer party, and no one showed up!? Augh!

I know this post is all over the board, but frankly, it is how my head is feeling right now. I am all over the place and just so thankful to have a Ken to keep my feet planted on the ground and my friends to put up with me.

18 days and counting!!!

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I am so excited for you!! This is the fun time, counting down days instead of months and weeks. But I must admit it was also very very stressful. The three days leading up to our wedding were a nightmare (I'll fill you in those details after yours is safely in the record books) but the wedding was perfect. even the tiny things that did go wrong did not bug me. And that is my main point. The day of, forget EVERYTHING and just have fun! Enjoy all the hard work and time you spent making this wonderful day come true. Because honestly, the wedding is not for any one else but for you and Ken and so you deserve to enjoy it. So many times I would hear people say "I never got to eat at my wedding" or "I never tasted the champagne" or "I never saw half of the people I invited." Don't let that be you. Enjoy your day, because before you know it it will be all over. So sit back, relax and let everyone else (your bridemaids, groomsmen, in-laws, hotel staff) handle the details. Your only job is to be beautiful and have FUN!!!

And everyone will love it!!

Also I understand not being too social you have a TON to do! But remember not to get too stressed out. If you need a night out, take. The tasks will still be there in the morning. And I'll be waiting to hear all about how wonderful it was when you return from your honeymoon!