CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

As you all know by now, my mother passed away on August 19, 2006. A little more than 2 months before the day I am to marry the most wonderful man I could ever hope to marry. While we continue to deal with the fluctuating tide of grief that washes over me, we are also doing some things that are worth mentioning.

We bought our wedding bands last night! Ken's is handsome and sharp with a small and tasteful diamond in it. It is not the one he originally chose, but I like this one so much more, and so does he. My ring is just beautiful -- can you say sparkle!?

While we were at the jewelry store, Ken offered me a "just because" gift, as the last 2-3 weeks have been such unadulterated HELL. I declined, but thanked him for his generosity, and instead opted for a "with purpose" gift (hee hee). Ken bought me a stunning piece of jewelry that I will wear on our wedding day, with my gown. It was perfect and I love it. Though I do not love it as much as I love him.

I took the necklace to Teri's tonight to try it with THE DRESS to make sure that it would go with it. I cried when I saw the dress, reminded that my mom never did and never will see me in my gown. BUT, the necklace worked perfectly and I am happy for that.

My showers are all being rescheduled, as a result of the course of recent events. Las Vegas shower is September 16, LA Shower is Oct 7 and work shower is TBD. All I can say is that I am truly blessed.

These last several weeks have put Ken and myself through the wringer. Through it all, though, we have remained in tact and very much in love. Both of our families have been wonderful -- mine is stepping forward to be supportive, and Ken's is welcoming into their fold with open arms.

My MOM is gone, but so totally NOT forgotten. There will be new posts soon regarding wedding prep and so on. Hope to see you all around.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

This is so bittersweet. The excitement of the upcoming wedding paired with the idea your mom will not be there on the big day. I bet she would be happy that the necklace goes with your dress (don't you just love those "just because" gifts!!) and excited for the upcoming showers (it is so much fun opening everything!) I look forward to more updates. You are helping me reliv my wedding only a few short years ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, but your mom WILL be at the wedding, she'll see it all...