CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The festivities that weren't

While Ken and I are still in LA awaiting my mom's progress towards health, we had to postpone what would have been our bachelor and bachelorette parties, and my first bridal shower.

It was not a fun decision, but it was the right one, and we are both so thankful to have friends and loved ones that not only made all the plans in the first place, but were so accommodating in canceling them as well.

We are also grateful for a couple of my friends that have truly become OUR friends. While in LA< we are staying with the Blanks -- Mitch and Smantha. They live closer to the hospital than anyone an dopened their home to us on a moment's notice -- much like Teri has done for me over the years. ANywa, as we were leaving for the hospital yesterday, we were told, "you have to be home by 8:30" When we questioned them we were told that though we had to cancel our festivities for the weekend, there was no reason some festivities could not to us.

When we got "home" there was a ball and chain for Ken to don and a veil covered in condoms for me. Penis straws were hanging from the light fixtures, drinks were made and the poker table was covered in little penis shaped candies. (I guess there is not an abundance of boob or va-jay-jay paraphernalia to be had) In the meantime, it was our own mini bachelor/bachelorette party with two of the greatest frineds a person could ask for.

We had some drinks, played some cards and topped the night of with sex trivia -- all questions that are related to sex. Interesting, and I think Smantha and I enjoyed it more than the guys. None of it took away the fact that we are here while my mom is working diligently to stay alive, but it sure did relieve some of the stress for a night.

THANKS MITCH AND SAMANTHA!!!
For updates on my mom, go here.

2 comments:

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cupcake Blonde said...

Those are some wonderful friends! Its nice to have people like that when going through times like this.

I'm glad you guys had a little taste of debauchery fun.