CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 07, 2008

OUR new jobs

As some people know, Ken got a new job that started bright and early this morning. Not as early as it is going to be going forward, but early enough for a first day. On this momentous occasion, though it is his, I feel like we are both starting new jobs. He gets to get up and go to work, while I start my new role as a true housewife. Don't let me start on the ins and outs of housewife/homemaker/blah blah blah... just realize that if he is going to go to work, and I am not (for the time being), then the least I feel I can do is get up with him, make breakfast and pack yummy lunches.

Since I appear to be at a crossroads in my own life, separate from one in our life together, it is kind of odd to be taking on this role: Making sure clothes are clean and ironed so he can get dressed without fuss in the morning, making sure there is good food to eat for breakfast and pack for lunches, and heaven forbid -- making sure that there are healthy and yummy dinners to eat at the end of the day and a relatively clean house to come home to. In the midst of this, I am going to try to figure out what I want to do with my life and what I want to be when I grow up.

Ken has worked out of the house for the last 3 years, so this seeing him get up and leave in the morning, knowing he won't be home much before 6 at night, is going to take some getting used to. Though I will admit in a sidebar that he looked very handsome this morning.

Anyway, I think that this morning is the start of a new chapter in our lives, and one that I hope will be as positive as the rest have been and that we will both become even better partners to one another as we move into this new phase. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jennifer B said...

Just make sure you don't mention the many housewife things you do to my husband. I probably should do more... You are impressive! Thanks for being you! Both of you guys are wonderful!