CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Logic or Princess

First of all, Oh! My! God! Was today spectacular or what? The sky was clear, the temperature was moderate and the sun was out. It was so lovely; in fact, that Ken and I decided to take our first walk of what we are hoping is the Spring! We tooled on down to the AT&T store so Ken could look at new phones. A new phone is his VD gift -- he is eligible for an upgrade and I am covering the cost of any such upgrade he chooses.

This brings me to the real purpose behind my post tonight. Do you ever have a time when you are so deeply conflicted inside that you just do not see an answer? Well, I am in such a place, and here is my befuddlement:

We are trying to watch our money right now -- for various reasons, but mostly because we simply need to. With that being the case, I am getting Ken a pretty reasonable gift. It is something I KNOW he wants, I KNOW he will use, and frankly, the money would be spent regardless. This way I get to kill 2 birds with one stone.

On the other hand, Ken is trying to figure out what to do for me. While the logical side of me says, it is just another day, and all I really need is a card and a kiss, the princess side of me wants Ken to go all out, as I know he likes to do. I am fortunate, you see -- Ken loves to spoil me. And well, I have gotten kind of accustomed to it.

What to do, what to do... Jewelry, a smart phone, or something for the house (big planter pots for the front drive of the house)... hmmm... all of these things cost money, and all of them are things that I would LOVE, and things he would love to give me.

Augh! You see my quandary? Well, in the process of typing this post I have made a decision that I will share with you all, in writing, so it can never be brought up or used against either of us.

Ken: Please do not spend the money on me for Valentine's Day. While I would love for you to express your love with something sparkly or techy, I would rather save the money for one of our weekends away (as we have a few of those coming up). However, this does not let you off the heart day hook ;-) Cards, flowers, a special hug and kiss... nothing crazy, just heartfelt.

I love you and I know that you love me -- that makes Valentine's Day EVERY day!

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I understand your dilemma. I had the same problem when trying to figure out what to get Charming for his birthday...and I am a bad influence because I went for extavagant. But he does so much for me I figured I needed to do something big. I am sure we will be suffering next month because of it, especially when I try to find another job.

Jennifer B said...

Hmmmm... Do you really want me to post on this one. hehehe (evil laugh) J/K It is a hard place to be and something I totally understand. Things are super tight (as you know) so I was trying to figure out what to do for Casey for his birthday. We went reasonable. Then for Valentimes (oh I mean Valentines's Day~ man I am amusing myself) we are just doing heartfelt. Also just combining it with our 8 year anniverary next Monday for our Mexico cruise. So I am very proud of you!! Sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.

"Is what you are doing working for you?" Love this saying by Dr Phil.